The Glennville Methodist Church was the first official church in Glennville, GA. The church was founded in 1891 by Rev. E.A. Sanders. The first worship service was Sunday, September 20th, 1891 . The church has been Methodist, Southern Methodist Episcopal, United Methodist, and now Global Methodist. The church grew from the 21 charter members to where it has averaged over 300 members for the past two decades.
Image Information: This is the 1938-1943 renovated Methodist Church. Notice the narrow chimney. It served a ventilated oil heater which was the main source of heat.